Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 1 Focus T25


Hey guys! Sorry it's been a week since I've written my last blog. The past week has been busy with incorporating a new workout into my routine, trying to get my SC for Fall Classic with my coaching business, and just trying to balance it all with my family. Sometimes I think I over fill my plate way too much, but the weird part is I love the added pressure. Does anyone else feel this way? Haha. Silly I know.


So week 1 of Focus T25 done and done. I have to say those 25 minutes is some tough cardio but I'm surprised that I'm doing better than I had anticipated. Week 1 I seriously thought I was going to get my butt handed to me. Don't get me wrong I sweat like a piggy, but I was able to keep up more than I expected. And I want to say thank you to 21 Day Fix because I know that program definitely set me up perfectly for T25. So I'm so happy about that.

As I was going through my pictures and my progress, I'm starting to get a little discouraged. It seems as if my progress has slowed down quite a bit and I'm beginning to think I am hitting my plateau. Ugh! And no one likes to be in this position when they are pushing to reach their goals. I'm down to 167 pounds and I still have 22 pounds to go to be at my ideal weight. So I'm thinking I really need to incorporate more than just cardio into my routine right now. I'm really considering getting either Les Mills Pump or Body Beast to get back into weight lifting. Which I miss oh so much! Weight lifting has always been my number 1 go to workout and running 2nd. So I need to slowly add those back into my routine and see how much progress I can get. What do you guys think? I'm kind of leaning more towards Les Mills Pump because I want to lose my body fat before I decide to focus on building more muscle.

I also need to really get focused on my nutrition. I've realized more and more that your nutrition is key to your success. It seriously is 80 percent of your progress and getting that six pack everyone strives for. I'm determined to get mine by summer next year! I'm serious too. Haha. I've never had a six pack and I am committed to finally getting it and showing it off. So it's time to focus on being strict, starting my food journal, being accountable for my calorie intake, along with my portion control. Thank God I got rid of that darn Halloween candy. That was a horrible, but fun weekend.
Time for some lean protein and those green veggies! In my current weight loss status I need to consume more veggies, fruits with less sugar, lean protein, and a strict 1,500 cal intake based diet to get down to my ideal weight. Most definitely possible. I just have to stay consistent. It will be extremely tough since we're in the holiday season but it'll be worth ringing in the new year 10-15 pounds lighter. So here's to my next journey with T25. I'll let you guys know which weight program I decide to incorporate as a hybrid. Happy fitness!




No comments:

Post a Comment