Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"The Compound Effect"


Have you ever thought that self-improvement should be a daily ritual? Sometimes we even think that we are content with who we are and who we have chosen to become. However, psychological studies have revealed that 95 percent of everything we feel, think, do, and achieve is a result of a learned habit! (Darren Hardy). I'm half way through reading "The Compound Effect" and I'm intrigued. It defines self-improvement in various aspects of your life. Whether it's your health, your fitness, your finances, your success, or simply your life, this book is an amazing read to get started and to get enlightened. 

Darren speaks of uprooting bad habits and that will power alone won't cut it. Huh? That's pretty deep right? He explains, "Forget about willpower. It's time for why-power. Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams. The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self, and your highest values. You've got to want something, and know why you want it, or you'll end up giving up to easily." Crazy right? So, after reading this chapter I often thought of what my 'why-power' is in becoming a Beach Body coach. Well there are multiple reasons. First, I needed to find something that I could potentially make extra income without steering away from what I actually miss doing. Second, I wanted to improve my self fitness and health during my last months of pregnancy as well as set myself up to continue that route and turn it into a habit. Thirdly, I have always wanted to be involved in helping others with their fitness and health struggles and goals. Then, suddenly through co-workers I hear about this amazing opportunity in being a beach body coach that their wives were doing to make extra income for their families. Hint, hint...it was like a sign from God! 

So my motivation started to kick in and I started to dig further into it. Sure there were doubts, there are plenty of blogs, YouTube videos, and sites on the internet that proclaim being a Beach body coach is a scam, but why not find out for yourself. "What motivates you is the ignition to your passion, the source for your enthusiasm, and the fuel of your persistence." Anything is possible! I did my research, I emailed other coaches who have been extremely successful. So far every day I have been engaged in my Beach body coach apprenticeship program. It's been a day to day habit that I love checking into to learn more, to be better, to hook others into this amazing company that will help you get fit and get healthy through challenge groups. I find it comforting that you're in this closed group on FB and have all these people you just met that support you and encourage you every single day. You are easily aware that you're not in it alone and that you have the essential tools to become successful in your financial life, your health and fitness, and your self-improvement. And the best part about it all is that you get to share all of that with others and to help them get their jumpstart. 

This book has given me fundamental tools to identify the things I need to improve as well as change in my life. Sure, it won't happen over night, but nothing ever does. It will take small steps. It will take consistency, determination, hard work, and dedication, but this is what it takes to accomplish any goal you set right? If you're ready to do the same, and are ready to change, to be better than you were yesterday then take a chance. Join my challenge groups! Contact me and let's set your goals, identify your why-power,  and be empowered in your life!


 "We can all take back control by not blaming chance, fate, or anyone else for our outcomes. It's within our ability to cause everything to change. Rather than letting past hurtful experiences sap our energy and sabotage our success, we can use them to fuel positive, constructive change." 
-Darren Hardy

If you're interested and are serious in making a change in your health and fitness, please take the time to fill out this application:

Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.




No comments:

Post a Comment