Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pan Seared Salmon with Kale and Arugula Apple Salad

Alright, who doesn't like a yummy salmon dish with some fresh crisp salad on the side? I never used to be a big fan of fish when I was little, but my sister, she loves seafood til this day. And now, so do I.
When I was stationed in Kodiak, Alaska I was pretty spoiled with fresh caught wild Alaskan Salmon, Halibut, King Crab, and Dungeness Crab. Talk about spoiled! I miss it. So eating salmon always brings me back.
Here is the recipe!
Ingredients
4 5oz of center cut salmon filets (about an inch thick)
2 lemons, freshly squeezed
1/4 c olive oil
1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
3 c of arugula
1 honeycrisp apple
1/4 c fresh parmesean, grated
1/4 c chopped almonds
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt
Directions
Bring salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking. Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl. Add the kale and arugula, toss to coat and let stand for 10 minutes. While the kale and Arugula stand, cut the apple into thin strips. Add the apples, chopped almonds, and parmesean. Season with pepper, toss well and set aside.
Sprinkle salt and pepper all over salmon filets. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Place salmon skin side down and cook for about 4 minutes. Turn fish with spatula and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment